Creating Your Brand Assets
Your brand is the "soul" of who you are as your business. The assets you create will become a part of your Brand Identity. Your brand assets can include, but not be limited to:
- A Logo
- Brand Colors
Establishing a brand identity is important for your business for the following reasons:
- Personality- the personality of the brand is what evokes the emotions of the customer. What feelings do you want your clients to have when they experience your brand?
- Differentiation- this is what makes you stand out in the marketplace. Remember, you are unique enough, so build your brand around YOU.
- Perceived quality- this communicates to your potential customer your business status. There's a difference between a Rolex and a Timex. Neiman Marcus and JC Penny.
- Consistency- this establishes trust, awareness and builds loyalty. Statistics from Forbes tell us that presenting a brand consistently can increase revenue by up to 23%.
- Awareness- the more people see your branding, it encourages recall and increases the likelihood of you gaining a new customer
- Loyalty- when you have a well planned branding identity, customers remember you. Customers spend more money with brands they are loyal to.
- Attracts top talent and quality customers- when you build a compelling brand attracting top talent comes easy. People who share the same values as you will want to work with you and this will make your brand even better.